The Real Estate Finance Team acts for key banks, subprime lenders, other corporate and individual lenders and borrowers. We work closely with the Corporate, Real Estate, Tax and Insolvency teams to ensure appropriate expertise is applied to all transactions at the outset to make certain the loan facilities protects the lending with solid security for the lender to enable, if appropriate, suitable recoveries.
We are known for providing practical and straight forward commercial advice and despite difficult economic conditions we have continued to advise and deliver on new money deals, which is testament to the confidence the banks and other lenders have in our team. In addition, our close relationships with lenders and borrowers enable us to facilitate introductions.
The work we do includes:
- Acquisition finance / Asset Based Lending
- Corporate and Property transactions
- Inter creditor arrangements – deeds of subordination/priority and parri passu
- Facility letters/Loan Agreement
- Portfolio work – acquisition and re-finance – secured lending
- FX – Foreign Exchange
- Development funding and project funding structuring
- Lending to partnerships, LLP’s, Limited companies – (onshore) and Corporate Lending Oversees (offshore)
- Derivative transactions - ISDA documentation
- General banking and finance transactions to include security documentation (1st party, 3rd party, Equitable Charges, Debentures, Guarantees (personal, J & S, Cross, Interest shortfall), Charge over Shares, Duty of Care Deeds for Managing Agents, Assignment of Life Policies, Deed of Release, Consents to Dealings and Directors Loan Postponements to name a few)
- Working Capital and general commercial finance
- Debt restructuring - of which our team has experience of a wide range of debt financing techniques.
- Loan recovery and enforcement
Some of our clients include:
- Santander UK Plc
- HSBC Bank Plc
- Svenka Handelsbanken AB PUBL
- National Westminster Bank PLC
- Lloyds Bank Plc
- Yorkshire Bank PLC
We'd love to hear from you. Please call Manjit Virdee on 01274 377 299.