We are all about minimising risk, assisting compliance and finding sensible solutions to environmental and regulatory challenges.
The department has a broad and varied skill set. It is headed up by Craig Burman, Director and is primarily supported by Adam Hastie, and Marion Meager. For more detail on our team and our team members, please click on the links.
What we do;
Environmental Incidents and Investigations.
- Leaks, spills, releases, discharges and pollution to water, land and air.
- Waste disputes and incidents, including fly tipping and waste haulage
- Environmental impacts or disturbance caused by business activities.
- Dust, odour and noise nuisance.
- Dawn raids and unannounced regulatory visits.
- Fracking and mining activities.
- Environmental related disputes and disagreements, including neighbour disputes, drainage, vibration, noise, odour and visual impacts.
Waste and Environmental Permit Compliance.
- Environment Agency and local authority investigations.
- Waste recovery and restoration.
- Definition of waste and end of waste issues
- Waste movement, waste transfer notes and waste classification.
- WRAP and Cl:AIRE protocols
Land, Development and Renewables.
- Due diligence reports on commercial and corporate sale and purchase.
- Site contamination and the contaminated land regime.
- Liability of landlords, banks, financiers, and directors for environmental pollution.
- Asbestos and Asbestos Management.
- Environmental issues relating to farming and agricultural land use.
- Advice on renewable energy options.
Health and Safety
- Advice on the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and associated legislation.
- Inspections, investigations, prosecutions, inquests and enquiries.
- Fatalities and corporate manslaughter investigations.
- Enforcement, prohibition and improvement notices.
- All aspects of health and safety compliance.
Local Authority Regulations.
- Trading Standards investigations.
- Planning enforcement.
- Environmental Health prosecutions and investigations.
- Abatement Notices (for example; noise; odour; nuisance)
Flooding and Drainage.
- Advice on liability for flooding and drainage
- Drainage disputes between landowners
- Flood claims and negligent provision of flood prevention services
- Insurance claims for flood damage
Drainage Authorities and Internal Drainage Boards
- Advice on asset ownership, maintenance, commutation of obligation
- Consenting and development
- Decision making powers, public law challenges
- Procurement and EU procurement regulations
- Disputes and claims
- Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations requests
- Partnership funding agreements
- Powers of entry, compensation for injurious affection
We'd love to hear from you. Please call Craig Burman on 01274 377283.