Are your employment contracts and policies fit for purpose? Do they give your school the flexibility you need?
Schofield Sweeney’s specialist education and employment team have devised a workshop that will cover the following:
• What employment contracts must contain
• What employment contracts should contain to help you
• What employment policies and procedures you should have
• Effective use of job descriptions
• Dealing with tricky issues such as holidays, term-time only contracts, probationary periods and notice periods
• When temporary or fixed term contracts should be used
• Getting contracts for apprentices right
• How to change terms and conditions
The workshop is suitable for all types of schools but will conclude with a section on the flexibilities available to academies.
Schofield Sweeney’s specialist education and employment law team act for more than 100 schools, including community schools, academies, multi-academy trusts and independent schools.
We have advised schools on drafting employment contracts, as well as in relation to disciplinary, capability, grievance and sickness absence procedures.
We have successfully represented schools in Employment Tribunal proceedings and have successfully obtained costs awards against trade unions.
We are aware of the nuances of employment contracts in the education sector and the importance of getting them right for you.
Many schools have been using the same contracts for years. Often these contracts are out of date, unclear and restrictive and this is not only when disputes arise, but when your prospects of succeeding in such disputes diminish.
Our workshop will show you how easy it is to get the right contracts in place and how to get the flexibility your School needs to operate as you want.
Registration and breakfast: 9:30 am
Start: 10:00 am
Close and questions: 11:45 am
The cost of the seminar is £40+VAT per delegate or £60+VAT for two delegates.
Just Teach subscribers are entitled to two free places
To book your place please email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the date and location of the event.