David is a well-known and highly regarded restructuring and insolvency lawyer with 25 years’ experience. Based in our Leeds office, David acts for clients across the North of England and nationally. He advises on all areas of restructuring and insolvency law both corporate and personal, transactional and contentious.
His clients include the whole spectrum of stakeholders involved in the insolvency process, including insolvency practitioners, lenders, creditors, directors and shareholders. He has particular expertise in business turnaround and transfers both with or without a formal insolvency.
David was described in the 2014 edition of Legal 500 as “quick to respond with pragmatic advice” and in the 2018 edition our Restructuring and Insolvency team was described as “brilliant”.
Some examples of David’s previous work include:
- acting for the Administrators of a music publishing group of companies with subsidiaries in the USA, disposing of the asset portfolio, the overseas subsidiaries and dealing with the competing claims of various stakeholders;
- acting for multiple Defendants in a claim by the Liquidator of an insolvent company in respect of fraud and misfeasance claims of over £15m, including dealing with UK and worldwide freezing injunctions;
- acting for the Liquidators of a Guernsey based company advising on creditor claims worth in excess of £30m arising from complex financial instruments;
- acting for directors and shareholders of a company in administration facing claims from HMRC in relation to various tax planning arrangements;
- acting for the board of a high tech medical product business seeking new investment, refinancing and/or restructuring in order to avoid an insolvency process.